Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A.
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
$13 - $18 hourly
About Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A.
The Pugh law firm had its origin in 1946 when R.M. Pugh, a Marine officer returning from WWII sought a place to practice law. From a law book salesman he learned of a law office for sale in Wamego, KS.
In 1975 Edward W. Pugh (Ed), born in Wamego, Kansas in 1949, returned to Wamego with his wife and a new law degree, both obtained at the University of Kansas. He joined his father in the practice of law under the new name of Pugh & Pugh Attorneys.
Then Jacob Pugh, (Jake) a 2002 undergraduate of the University of Kansas and a 2006 graduate of Washburn University Law School joined the firm in 2006. The firm name continued as Pugh & Pugh under the theory that three “Pughs” in the name might be redundant and there have never been more than two practicing at one time. In 2013 the firm was incorporated and became Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A. 75 years later the firm continues to serve generations of clients in the area with a focus on personal service.