Berecz & Associates, PLC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and the team assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Process client billing properly using daily time records with help from the accounting department
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
About Berecz & Associates, PLC
We assist clients to carefully choose the right divorce or post-divorce process for the client and his/her family. We value providing high-quality care to our clients and our team. We want to look forward to seeing each other in the morning and know that all of us are committed to working with families in one of life's most emotionally challenging transitions. Oh. We also value fun! Because we all need to laugh often to do our jobs well.