DEMETRIOS N. DALMARES & ASSOCIATES, LTD.
We are looking for an experienced legal secretary/assistant who can help the busy attorneys and paralegals at our law office assist our clients. You will be responsible for managing office correspondence, including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and ensuring our legal team is aware of upcoming deadlines. You will also assist with preparing and filing legal documents and contracts, review and prepare discovery documents, and perform any other tasks as needed . If you work well in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver a high-quality work product, reach out to us today! This is an in office position.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Process client billing properly using daily time records with help from the accounting department
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Ability to comfortably use all Microsoft Office products
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
$17 - $21 hourly
About DEMETRIOS N. DALMARES & ASSOCIATES, LTD.
The Law Office of Demetrios N. Dalmares is a South Suburban Law Firm, with an emphasis on Family Law/Paternity cases, Real Estate and other miscellaneous services packaged to assist with legal needs. The firm has been in existence since 1996, and Demetrios N. Dalmares, the founding partner has been in practice for over 30 years. This is a fast-paced, family-oriented and collegial firm where everyone is expected to work together in accomplishing goals and managing client expectations. The firm practices in the Chicago Metro Area, including Cook, Will, Du Page and Kankakee Counties.