Mitchell & Associates, APLC
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
$40,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Mitchell & Associates, APLC
We're hard-working lawyers for hurt workers. We represent injured workers who have been hurt on the job on land, dockside, or offshore. We also handle social security claims for good people who are too hurt to work. We started off representing employers and insurance companies but soon realized there was (and still is) a need for highly competent attorneys to represent people who might otherwise be overwhelmed and bulldozed by the legal system. Owned by two attorneys who have been married for nearly twenty years, we present a culture that appreciates work-life balance.