Bell Law, LLC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
$15 - $25 hourly
About Bell Law, LLC
At Bell Law, we believe in fairness, transparency, and respect for all individuals. We believe that every person has a voice. We believe that people are powerful. We believe that people are especially powerful when they stand together against injustice and oppression. We fight for justice every day.