Hahn Legal Group
We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to become a part of our team!
We are a growing and enterprising civil litigation firm. We are known for reducing our clients’ stress and being a great team that cared and fought for them.
If the statements below appeal to you, then you may be our next Legal Administrative Assistant:
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing and the internet
- Your middle name is 'No Drama'
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You take the initiative to anticipate a lawyer’s needs
When applying for this position please prepare a cover letter, and include with your resume, with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with businesses and individual clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Finalize legal briefs including ensuring styles are consistent throughout
- Preparing Table of Contents and Table of Authority
- Type correspondence, memoranda and legal documents, such as summons, complaints, motions, subpoenas from various sources of origination (handwritten, typed copy, electronic copy, tape transcription, etc.)
- Proofread documents
- Experience with e-filing with State and Federal courts
- Initiate Conflicts Checks for potential new clients and /or matters
- Prepare and process new Business Intake Forms
- Prepare, finalize and distribute new client Engagement Letters, including follow-up with client to ensure receipt of fully-executed Engagement Letter
- Assist with trial preparation and document production
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials for firm and client audiences
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets for ongoing clients, matter analyses and other topics
- Prepare attorney expense reimbursements
- Process client-related vendor invoices for payment
- Input invoices into Clio Management system (billing program)
- Document conversions, i.e., PDF to Word, etc.
- Coordinate messenger pick-ups and deliveries
- Coordinate travel arrangement
- Maintain calendar and contacts for attorneys
- Maintain and update firm Policies and Procedures Manual
- Handle telephone calls from internal and external sources including taking accurate messages and appropriately routing calls
- Coordinate conference calls
- Coordinate attorneys’ firm-and client-related meeting set-ups and logistics
- Sort, open, scan, route and prioritize incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail including U.S.P.S., U.P.S. and Federal Express
- Maintain electronic task and calendar systems via Outlook
- Maintain electronic and physical client files
- Prepare inactive case files and attorney materials for off-site storage
- Assist other secretaries in back-up support and vacation coverage
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- College degree preferred
- At least 5 years of legal experience working in a law firm
- Proficient in basic computer applications including: Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and type 70 wpm
- Have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize workload
- Great client service skills, including being comfortable interacting with firm clients
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Organized with great attention-to-detail
- Demonstrate initiative to anticipate lawyers’ needs
$55,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Hahn Legal Group
A team of skilled civil lawyers dedicated to smart, aggressive, and strategic advocacy. Our lawyers are committed to providing clients with high-caliber and dynamic representation aimed at achieving successful results through negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and trials in both California and Federal courts.
Our experienced attorneys have extensive backgrounds in insurance, personal injury, business litigation, construction defect, and education law. We are skilled in the complexity of legal issues, having successfully represented corporate, small business, and individual clients - both in and out of the courtroom.