We are looking for an experienced legal assistant who can help the busy attorneys and paralegals at our law office assist our clients. You’ll be responsible for managing office correspondence, including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and ensuring our legal team is aware of upcoming deadlines. You’ll also assist with preparing legal documents and contracts, and perform any other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently. If you work well in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver a high-quality work product, reach out to us today!
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
- Proficient with MS Office products
$16 - $20 hourly
We are a growing law firm focused on Amazon third-party sellers and intellectual property.