Billings Real Estate Co.
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Arrange closings, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as inspections, and coordinate with agents, lenders, lawyers, title, clients, and others involved in the transactions
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the team runs smoothly
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with clients and other offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- Associate’s degree, or some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
About Billings Real Estate Co.
Powered by our mission of delivering the FREEDOM of homeownership worldwide, we serve our members, leaders, and staff by providing them with opportunities to grow in areas of their lives important to them. While we are a real estate brokerage and real estate sales team, we view ourselves more as a marketing and technology company that just happens to be in the business of selling real estate and building wealth through real estate for generations to come.