The Edwards Law Group
We are looking for an experienced legal assistant who can help the busy attorneys and paralegals at our law office assist our clients. You’ll be responsible for managing office correspondence, including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and ensuring our legal team is aware of upcoming deadlines. You’ll also assist with preparing legal documents and contracts, and perform any other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently. If you work well in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver a high-quality work product, reach out to us today!
- Process client billing properly using daily time records with help from the accounting department
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Perform legal research, as needed, with help from attorneys and paralegals
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
This is a full-time job. Because our typical litigation load is fairly heavy, employees do work in the office to ensure clients have access to a member of the legal team at any time during office hours. This also allows for in-depth collaboration to move clients' cases towards a positive resolution.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our next Legal Administrative Assistant:
- You think in terms of workflows, deadlines, and calendared tasks
- You see an opportunity for the organization, where other people tolerate a mess
- You understand that sometimes it’s OK to leave a message, but you also know when you need to keep trying until you speak to a person
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
Additionally, you must be a positive person. We embrace those that are factual and realistic and quick to offer solutions to making our policies and procedures stronger which in turn better serves our clients. We look for people who embrace innovation and the use of technology in order to make their jobs easier. You must be proficient with Word, and basic case management. You must respect our policies and procedures and speak up when you have an idea to add to our efficiency and accuracy.
The ideal candidate is able to change gears quickly, think on your feet, and make smart decisions. You also need to be detail-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right the first time.
In the family law field, it extremely important for our team members to practice empathy and compassion. It’s important to not take things personally and understand our clients are going through one of the toughest times in their life. Our job is to help them stay focused on where they want to go and guide them on how to get there.
You must be a team player. You will be working with other members of our staff and both you and our other staff members are accountable to each other. We strive to schedule our internally imposed deadlines with plenty of time before the final "real" deadline. But, as you may have experienced, we will always have a handful of clients that are bringing us discovery documents the night before court. The people who thrive here, will roll up their sleeves and help their team get the work done.
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
$30,000 - $44,000 yearly
About The Edwards Law Group
We are a small law firm in Atlanta with two attorneys (including our leader and founder) and 2 committed and dedicated support staff and more on the way! We are a family law firm. It’s all we do...and we do it well.