805 Law Group
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Associate’s degree, or some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
$24 - $28 hourly
About 805 Law Group
We are a growing Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injuary and Wills and Trusts Firm, located in the Central Coast of California.