Woodson YMCA, Inc.
Our Lead Teacher position is responsible for ensuring that a safe, high quality child care program is operating at all times . . . while having fun! We're looking for quality child care staff to act in accordance with the State of Wisconsin Licensing Regulations and live out our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Insurance Benefits Packages including health, dental, life and short term disability
- Spectacular Retirement Package; the Y will contribute 12% of annual salary
- Family Access to the Y with three great locations and Camp Sturtevant
- Discounts on Y programs and childcare
- Ensure the guidance and safety of all children in your care.
- Assure child care licensing rules are met.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and implementing activities.
- Responsible for planning and preparing the children's learning environment, setting up classroom centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Follow the daily classroom schedule in accordance with the program.
- Care for and maintain child care program equipment and property.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and other teachers and staff members.
- Participate in and assist with planned family events.
- Answer parent concerns or make appropriate referrals to Child Care Director.
- Be responsible for knowing children’s whereabouts at all times.
- Attend professional workshops and staff meetings in order to be in compliance with continuing education policies.
- Make daily observations of the health of the children and isolate any sick child. Alert Child Care Director of any concerns.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with families but in respect to confidentiality.
- Assist in any other appropriate ways.
- See to the safe operation of all equipment utilized. Attend the required training sessions each year related to but not limited to: CPR and First Aid and Child Abuse.
- Display and exemplify the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the job performance and in relationships with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Love children and being around children.
- Have completed high school or its equivalency as determined by the Department of Public Instruction.
- Preferred to have Early Childhood 1 and Early Childhood 2 or have a degree in Early Childhood or related field. We will insure you get EC 1 and EC 2 within the first 6 months of hire, if needed.
- Prior experience working in a child care or with children preferred.
- Meet all State Licensing guidelines as stated in HFS46 Licensing Rules for Group Day Care Center.
- Possess and demonstrate ability to interact with children on an on-going basis at the child’s level.
- Must have background check, physical exam, including TB test six months prior to beginning work or within 30 days after starting.
$12 - $15 hourly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.