Are you an experienced title agent interested in a lucrative position in a fast-paced environment? If so, send us your resume! Journey is seeking a highly knowledgeable associate to manage files from order opening to post-closing. As the lead settlement officer to a startup agency, this position has the unique ability to tailor and customize internal processes to help craft the ideal settlement model. The Lead Settlement Officer works closely with the Company President, providing key input that will have lasting effects on the organization. This position will also work alongside a Lead Title Officer and a Client Service Specialist, using discretion to delegate select administrative and client-facing tasks.
Journey Settlements offers a comprehensive benefits program, which includes a 401K, medical insurance, dental insurance, 2 weeks paid time off, paid holidays, paid industry conferences, paid industry certifications, and more.
- Verify there are no real estate title defects or title issues such as liens, wills, claims, deeds, mortgages, or fraud once property search is complete
- Record all legal documents at the county and federal level and present deed to new owners
- Analyze liens, plat books, contracts, agreements, surveys, maps, public records, and leases to verify ownership, legal description, and restrictions
- Work alongside a variety of industry professionals such as real estate agents, title insurance agents, escrow officers, closing agents, settlement agents, law firms, paralegals, and escrow companies throughout the closing process
- Review all closing documents to be sure title commitments have been met, issue title policy, and prepare closing statements to transfer the title to the new owner
- Requires 3-5 years of title closing experience, abstractor, title examiner, or closing services experience
- Prefer process-driven, analytical and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills
- A high school diploma is a requirement, but a college degree is preferred
- State license requirements must be met for this position
- Familiarity with Qualia software is a bonus
About Journey Settlements
Journey Settlements is RVA's newest title and settlement agency, located in the Fan. Founded by real estate agents, Journey's company culture focuses on modern technology, an emphasis on client service, and forward-thinking in order to provide a higher quality settlement experience.