MKH Early Education Center
Full Time, Part Time and Substitute Teachers
Do you feel you have more to offer as an early education professional but have not found the right daycare center that allows you to give and grow to your full potential?
Are you passionate about helping children achieve development and academic success while creatively guiding them to develop strong interpersonal skills?
Would you enjoy working in a small, nurturing environment and being able to have more meaningful interactions with students and families?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we would love to talk to you!
In exchange for your expertise, we offer:
- SIGN-ON BONUS
- Competitive pay based on Early Childhood experience, education, and certifications
- Incentives and benefits (paid time off, paid staff meetings and classroom planning, childcare discount, education assistance)
- Clean and equipped classrooms. Immediate responsiveness to delivering what you need to be successful in your classroom
- Outstanding support and teamwork from fellow teachers and Owner/Director
- Flexible and summer hours available
- The wonderful community of students and families
In addition to being a self-starter with great initiative, the ideal teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Classroom management: Balance your teaching between logical and social exercises - organized, structured, and consistent with lesson plans. Carry out daily activities and evaluate the effectiveness of child development activities, ensuring the safety and well-being of the children. Keep children engaged and also allow for supervised free play. Bring your creativity to the classroom so that learning is fun!
- Create a safe and clean environment conducive to learning: Ensure that child care routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent. This includes routines related to diapering, hand washing, eating, napping, and transitioning between activities. Ensure the safety of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, and regular practice of fire drills and other emergency procedures.
- Adhere with teaching standards and safety regulations as established by DCFS and MKHEEC: Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing, etc) to enhance the child’s abilities. Evaluate children’s performance to make sure they are on the right learning track. Develop portfolios of Toddlers and 2's demonstrating successful obtainment of Illinois Birth to 5 Standards.
- Welcome Every Child: Greet MKH students and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning. Remain in constant communication with parents and update them on the progress of their children using the daycare app. Identify behavioral problems and determine the right course of action. Create an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Embrace MKH Teamwork Culture: Collaborate with other colleagues and contribute to the effective operation of the overall early care and education center.
- Proven experience as a child care/daycare teacher (3-5 years minimum), plus meets or exceeds DCFS requirements
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Methodical and creative, warm and nurturing
- Must have patience, flexibility, and love for children
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Degree in early childhood education or other field plus a minimum of 6 college credits in early childhood education
$14- $17 hourly
About MKH Early Education Center
MKH Early Education Center is a 'boutique' child care and preschool specializing in early education. We are owned and operated by 2 local area Moms who understand that many parents struggle to focus on their careers while being sure that their children are being nurtured with loving and quality care. MKH is a place where parents can bring their kids with peace of mind that they will thrive, develop, be safe, and secure. We accomplish this with attentive teachers, a low student-to-teacher ratio, and our SENA Developmental Approach.
As a Teacher at MKH Early Education Center, your passion, talent, and experience give parents peace of mind that their child will be well cared for and obtain the social, emotional and academic development they need to accomplish their potential.