Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with customers and other team members
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
12 - 17 hourly
About Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor
Hotel Indigo is an upper upscale boutique hotel brand focused on creating a uniquely local experience in each of our hotels. We deliver a beautiful perspective of the neighborhood, bringing its sights, sounds, and flavors into our spaces.