The Hotel Salem
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
All Kitchen Staff are eligible for an October BONUS!
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Clean and sanitize all workstations, including counters, utensils, cooking equipment, and the refrigerator, in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Prepare food products and execute dishes meeting the standards of the Executive Chef, Hotel Management, and our guests, ensuring that food production is coordinated with meal hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixers, and chef’s knives.
- Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Have a basic understanding of food allergies and cross-contamination issues to ensure safety of diners.
- Maintain food safety, workstation, and personal cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the State Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with customers and other team members
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Previous experience as a line cook in a similar property, culinary school or completion of apprenticeship program preferred, or proven experience in higher volume and/or fine dining kitchens
$20 - $22 hourly
About The Hotel Salem
The Hotel Salem is a vibrant and one-of-a-kind accommodation on the North Shore of Boston. This 44-room boutique Salem hotel is in the middle of the action on the bustling Essex Street pedestrian mall in the city center. Salem's only seasonal rooftop bar and restaurant, offers delicious cocktails, unique tacos, and a raw bar—all served with a view.