New York Pizza
Are you passionate about food and providing consumers with an unforgettable dining experience? If so, we have an exciting opportunity at our busy restaurant to be our next line cook. We require an experienced cook who is familiar with a wide range of cooking techniques, including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. You must ensure that every order is cooked properly according to our standard recipes and that it fully satisfies our guests' demands and requests. Our ideal candidate has outstanding time management skills as well as a team-first mindset to effectively assist other kitchen personnel and keep our operation running smoothly and efficiently. Apply today if this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to advance your culinary career!
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
About New York Pizza
We are an independent company. We have been around since 1980. We have very friendly co workers with many years of experience.