Monroe Restoration is a premier ServiceMaster services provider in Indiana and Michigan, and we are proudly hiring for the Carpenter position. For over two decades, Monroe Restoration has been rebuilding homes and restoring lives. We are looking to hire resilient, strong, and dependable individuals to help us meet the increasing demand for our services.
The Carpenter position is a key member of our service delivery team. The successful incumbent will be an experienced, highly skilled hard worker that will collaborate with other skilled professionals in the delivery of restoration/construction projects. Want your work to be appreciated, want to advance your career, and would like to be a part of a dynamic, ever-improving team and culture… this job is for you.
Why become part of the Monroe Family:
- We offer useful wellness benefits - medical, dental, vision, disability, and 401k
- You receive generous paid time off each year - paid holidays and vacation time.
- Your work has significant, positive impacts on countless lives.
- You can further your skillset with ongoing training and development.
- We provide opportunities for growth, mentorship, cross-training, and career progression.
COVID-19 considerations: We provide PPE and take extra care and precautions while on the job. We follow current CDC guidelines.
- You are systemic when it comes to established protocols and standards
- Engages the work environment in a consistent way
- You are very responsible in the way problems are approached and decisions are made
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Comply with all company and governmental safety guidelines and maintain and assure quality standards
- Ensures equipment, supplies, vehicles, and products are properly handled. Reports any equipment malfunction and or damage to supervisor
- Inspects jobs after completion and obtains customer approval
- Customer-focused, communicates customer issues, daily job activities with supervisor and key company staff
- Prepares documentation and pictures according to company policies and procedures to ensure reimbursement
- Good communicator and follows instruction/direction diligently; passionate about helping others and being of service; a Team Player
- Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in carpentry
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools
- Good customer service skills; good verbal and written and communication skills
- Reports to work on time in clean and appropriate attire
- You have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
$20.00 - $25.00 hourly
About Monroe Restoration
For over two decades, Monroe Restoration has been rebuilding homes and restoring lives in and around Northern Indiana. Once you join our team, you’ll gain a career opportunity at a caring, growing, and successful restoration company whose leaders promote from within, give great pay and benefits and are dedicated to building a thriving team atmosphere.