Heroic Construction, LLC
We are looking to hire a skilled Lead Carpenter to provide guidance and supervision to the project team involved in construction projects. The Lead Carpenter’s responsibilities include assigning and explaining tasks to the project team, responding to clients’ requests for emergency repairs, and regularly inspecting work done by the project team to ensure that it conforms to certain specifications. You should also be able to help the production manager solve project-related problems.
To be successful as a Lead Carpenter, you should provide regular progress updates to the production manager. Ultimately, an exceptional Lead Carpenter should be able to attend various carpentry seminars to keep abreast of new products and installation methods.
Must be able to use Buildertrend (Mobile Application)
- Understand and implement blueprint drawings and written specifications.
- Use a transit level to establish grades and elevations.
- Be proficient in all phases of nonstructural demolition.
- Set flatwork forms, strike concrete level, and rough finish concrete flatwork.
- Establish grades for proper drainage of flatwork and simple structures.
- Know and identify masonry units by size, shape, and specification.
- Layout and install metal stud-wall framing.
- Layout framing members for walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, and decks.
- Layout and install a simple set of stairs for a basement or deck using a framing square.
- Use fasteners properly, depending on the length needed and the material being used.
- Be proficient in the use of tools for wood framing and millwork.
- Be proficient in the layout and installation of all asphalt/cedar roofing products, including valleys, flashings, and roof penetrations.
- Be proficient in installing pre-hung door units and windows furnished with nailing fins or masonry clips.
- Be proficient in drywall sheathing installation and in properly taping drywall sheathing.
- Layout and install a standard metal suspended-ceiling system.
- Install cultured marble wall panels and tub/shower surrounds.
- Install standard wall-hung cabinetry and accessories.
- Properly install kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and countertops.
- Be proficient in installing wood casing, base trim, crown mold, and simple wood moldings.
- Properly install prefabricated fireplaces and flues.
- Do simple repairs in painting/staining, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and flooring.
- High school diploma or GED.
- General contractor license.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proven experience in residential remodeling or construction.
- Sound knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to safely operate power tools.
- The ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
$25 - $30 hourly
About Heroic Construction, LLC
US Navy Veteran Owned and Operated Company
Heroic Construction is an experienced roofing and residential contracting company based in Delray Beach, FL. Heroic Construction is focused solely on your needs and desires. Loyalty is a value that has been with us since the beginning. Loyalty to you, quality of the job, and a job were done on time. All residential jobs, big or small, need to be taken seriously and treated with the same level of care and respect.
Company Core Values
- We are Hard Working
- We Do Whatever It Takes
- We Do the Right Thing
Candidates must have all of these Core Values to be considered for our Company!