Tenant Law Group, PC
Are you an experienced, California-licensed litigation attorney looking for meaningful work for deserving and grateful clients?
Are you a social justice warrior who enjoys fighting for the underdog?
Are you comfortable with technology and interacting with a team via the latest teleconferencing and videoconferencing technology?
Are you looking to join a team of smart, hardworking, and high-energy attorneys and legal professionals in one of the fastest-growing law firms in the United States?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, you may just be the person we’re looking for.
We are a fast-growing San Francisco-based tenant rights law firm dedicated to changing lives—one tenant at a time. We pursue justice for California renters who have been harassed, discriminated against, or illegally evicted; and help tenants forced out of rent-controlled apartments get a fresh start. We are seeking a stellar Litigation Attorney who can hit the ground running.
Compensation will include a base salary, benefits, and incentive bonuses.
- Acting as the responsible attorney for a portfolio of litigation matters, attending court hearings, defending clients at depositions, taking opposing parties’ depositions, attending mediations, and (occasionally) first or second-chairing trials
- Overseeing and monitoring the job performance of a dedicated Paralegal and Case Manager
- Reviewing the work product of the dedicated Paralegal
- Ensuring, with the assistance of an electronic calendaring system, that all litigation deadlines are met
- Handling all high-level litigation tasks, e.g., taking and defending depositions, attending mediations, preparing matters for trial, and, with the assistance of the firm’s trial attorney, second-chairing the occasional trial
- Ensuring, with the assistance of an electronic calendaring system, that all statutes of limitations are met
- Assisting in the creation and/or revision of the firm’s policies, systems, and procedures to ensure efficient operations
- Attending weekly meetings with Managing Attorney and team, and monthly team and individual coaching meetings
- Your litigation style is aggressive but practical. When interacting with opposing counsel, you believe in the Golden Rule
- You have thick skin—an ability to roll with the punches and not take criticism from clients, adjusters, or opposing counsel personally
- You believe in the firm’s commitment to work-life balance but are nonetheless prepared to arrive early, stay late, and work on weekends when necessary to get the job done
- You have an empathetic and understanding manner with clients
- You have great attention to detail. You proofread documents and emails; can spot and fix grammar errors, spelling errors, typos, formatting errors, etc.; you do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- You are trustworthy, do not cut corners ethically, earn trust and maintain confidences when appropriate, and, most importantly, do what is right, not just what is expedient
- You are innovative, growth-minded, can generate new and creative approaches to problems, and can maximize value and use of technology and other resources
- You can act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the Managing Attorney
- You work at a fast pace with the ability to move between tasks quickly, are not overwhelmed with volume or by deadlines, and spend time on tasks that add value
- You develop and nurture productive and professional relationships with clients and staff and are both approachable yet stern when the circumstances require
- You are self-directed, able to assess a situation and determine what needs to be done and then do it.
- Your middle name is “No Drama"
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think of any task as “beneath you"
$100,000 - $215,000 yearly
About Tenant Law Group, PC
Founded in January 2016, Tenant Law Group is dedicated exclusively to the representation of renters and helps California tenants recover money for their losses. Law Firm 500 recognized Tenant Law as the twenty-second fastest-growing law firm in the United States in 2019 with an aggregate growth rate of 193%; and as the twelfth fastest-growing law firm in the United States in 2020 with an aggregate growth rate of 449%. Our clients are California renters who are experiencing any type of dispute with their landlord. We have two offices—one in San Francisco and one in Los Angeles—with plans to expand to at least two more locations before the end of the year. Our team size is currently thirty-four, including eleven full-time employees, one part-time employee, and twenty-two contractors. We are committed to the work we do for our clients, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and really value professional development and team building.