Absolute Law Group
As the Law Firm Manager, you will plan, direct and execute all operations of the law firm in collaboration with the firm’s owner.
The Law Firm Manager’s role is to provide leadership and direction in the following areas:
- Human resources and staff development
- Policies and procedures
- Short and long-term strategic planning and execution
- Oversee all internal operations
- Contract management
- Employee engagement
- Special projects to build and enhance a culture for a great work environment and a cohesive firm while meeting planned business and profitability goals
- Oversee and monitor the firm’s economic performance. Provide overall long-range strategic and tactical planning policy and direction; establish systems and assign responsibility for all the areas of the firm; recommend major decisions including compensation, billing rates, and decisions of significant consequence; evaluate up and downside risks of any significant decisions; facilitate an appropriate level of communication with owner and staff in the decision-making process
- Manage, oversee and implement all aspects of human resources to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including: a) maintenance, updating and evaluation of employee handbook, policies and procedures as well as maintain all employee files; b) Interview, orient and coordinate the training/mentoring of new staff; c) schedule, review and oversee the performance management and coaching process; d) hold staff accountable for their job requirements and initiate the progressive discipline process as needed; e) track hours, time out of office and benefit time; f) process bi-weekly payroll; g) manage enrollment and disenrollment of employees in benefit plans; h) manage and oversee employee relations; i) update job descriptions and evaluate for proper FLSA classification; j) help set pay rates and ensure fair and equitable compensation; k) develop a best in class culture that engages the right employees and plays to employee strengths (utilizing Kolbe) to maximize their contributions
- Review and evaluate staff insurance options and benefits on annual basis. Coordinate benefits plans/options for all staff
- Utilize QuickBooks for monthly/quarterly and annual reports provided to the owner. Occasionally take weekly deposits to bank
- Establish key performance indicators(KPIs) for evaluating productivity, profitability, and future growth opportunities
- Oversee buildings and grounds functions and liaise with project manager
- Plan quarterly goals meetings, full staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by the owner and ensure clearly communicated meeting purpose and results. Facilitate special events, including an annual employee retreat and an annual Leadership retreat.
- Develop information and technology plan; facilitate development and management of information technology goals; supervise and monitor progress toward goals and coordinate resources and/or staffing. Evaluate monthly expenses versus return on investment and provide monthly reports and recommendations.
- Take a leadership role on the marketing team including the development of communication, branding, and fostering staff buy-in marketing strategies.
- Monitor quarterly income goals and missed revenue opportunities. Develop, implement and monitor ways to increase efficiencies
- Manage special projects as assigned by the partners utilizing a project management system that includes regular reporting to the project staff and the leadership team
- Review firm service contracts annually, shop and negotiate with vendors and provide a cost/benefit analysis to leadership for any potential changes. Maintain working relationships with service vendors and/or partners
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and personnel information in accordance with Absolute Law Policies
- Alert the owner to potential threats to the success of the firm
- Perform any other duties assigned by the owner
Bachelor degree in business administration, management, human resources, or related field. At least 5 years of related experience in the professional services field including at least 3 years of successful experience managing a diverse group of employees and functions with proven results. Knowledge of federal and state employment laws. Proficiency in MS Office. Prior experience analyzing financial results is required as well as a strong command of technology issues and/or troubleshooting.
$60,000 - $65,000 DOE
About Absolute Law Group
Absolute Law is a small estate planning and elder law firm that is growing! A passionate, kind-hearted, and driven team is looking to welcome an additional team member who values helping the aging population! If you are motivated, hard-working, and sincere then you would be a great fit for our awesome team!