The Murphy Law Firm
Are you looking to take your job in the legal industry to the next level without passing the bar exam? Our busy law office is looking for a legal case manager to help us oversee all aspects of case management. Ideal job seekers will be incredibly organized, and have experience drafting legal documents, conducting legal research, and managing case files. If you are an effective communicator, and a great teammate who is a natural self-starter, we’d like to talk. Please apply today!
- Examine legal documents to assure all legal requirements have been met
- Aid attorneys with all aspects of case management, including billing, docketing deadlines, and providing reminders as requested
- Provide recommendations to attorneys with regard to cost and time-effective ways to accomplish the client’s goals
- Create legal documents for attorney review
- Coordinate between attorneys, staff, and outside vendors to manage the law firm’s case load, present case summaries/updates, and ensure that deadlines are met
- Communicate case status with clients and outside counsel as requested
- Maintain and organize all case files, and information with regard to engagement, whether electronic or paper, in accordance with firm policies
- Be the watchdog that pushes cases along in the pipeline
- Make sure that document review is done in a timely manner (We don’t care for last-minute edits!)
- Make sure that the attorneys are ready and have everything needed for the Court
- Remove the follow-up piece of the puzzle from our attorney’s plate, i.e. if small things come up, you feel capable of stepping in and handling them
- Know what to do when calendaring conflicts occur
- Perform as a backup paralegal for our full-time paralegal (16+ hrs/wk)
- Computer proficient - specifically with case management software, word processing, and spreadsheet presentation
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as effective communication skills, both written and oral are needed
- Experience drafting legal documents and conducting legal research is vital
- Professional case management process experience is required.
- Must have family law paralegal experience (This is non-negotiable.)
- Must be familiar with Google Drive and G-Suite products
$54,000 - $57,000 per year
About The Murphy Law Firm
The Murphy Law Firm takes on primarily family, criminal, and personal injury law matters, which include matters involving drug possession, DUI/DWI, traffic citations, handgun charges, divorce, child visitation, child support, alimony, domestic violence, custody, and car accidents.
Angel Murphy, Esq. is the Founding and Managing Attorney of The Murphy Law Firm, LLC. As a licensed Maryland and District of Columbia attorney and passionate advocate, Angel takes a personal approach to lawyering by devising a creative legal strategy for each client and for each case. Angel enjoys helping her clients face and overcome their legal challenges. She identifies with her clients and will work tirelessly to ensure that they are treated fairly in the courtroom and that their case gets the best possible outcome.