Hargrave Family Law
Our clients deserve better than a process that ends in warfare. We know that divorce can become a period of remarkable growth and transformation when you focus on the future that you want to create rather than the past. We help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently, helping clients end marriages in a manner consistent with their values. People need to know that they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way.
Our Billing Specialist is an integral part of our team responsible for implementing the Firm’s processes and systems related to time-keeping, billing, retainer replenishment, accepting payments, and collections of accounts receivables. They will have at least 2 years of experience of managing billing-related processes and systems in a professional services business (preferably a law firm), have rock-star client relation skills, are the go-to person when their friends need help with Excel and want to be a part of a fast-growing, stellar team. Experience with MS Office, Clio, and LawPay is a major plus as well!
Our Billing Specialist makes sure time entries are timely, robust, and demonstrate value so clients both understand their invoices and the value in the services they received. The Billing Specialist ensures bills are timely generated, edited, approved by the proper person, and sent out twice a month. They communicate directly with clients in a professional manner as necessary to ensure bills are paid on time and client trust retainers are replenished, thereby ensuring that the Firm always has sufficient funds to meet each client’s needs.
Duties include the following:
- Processes payments in accordance with the Firm’s policies; accurately tracks client payments in the case management system (currently Clio); timely saves client payment receipts to client electronic file; accurately links client payments in case management software (currently Clio)
- Forwards requests for payment of client expenses and accounts payable to the Executive Director; accurately saves client expenses and expense receipts to client electronic file; accurately and timely enters expenses in case management software (currently Clio); updates Billing Spreadsheet daily, preserves weekly
- Creates draft bills; makes first round of edits as to uniformity, spelling, punctuation, etc.; makes additional edits on bills after attorney review; timely sends final bills for final approval and application of client funds to outstanding balance
- Preserves final bills to client files and general billing file; sends final bills to clients on the 1st and 15th of every month
- Creates weekly A/R reports; performs A/R follow up as needed to maintain a positive trust balance for each client
- Performs audits daily/weekly as necessary to maintain accuracy
- Responds to basic billing inquiries from clients, attorneys; defers inquiries for non-standard payment schedules to the Executive Director; escalates billing issues to Executive Director as necessary
We are looking for an applicant who unequivocally has the following skills:
- Is highly organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task proficiently
- Shows strong Interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, vendors, etc.; able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, attorneys, paralegals, team members
- Shows professionalism at all times; positive, empathetic, compassionate, and friendly attitude
- Has a love and aptitude for working with numbers, budgets
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity, and integrity
- Able to adhere to Firm policies and procedures
- Able to perform sedentary desk work as well as duties requiring standing/bending/stooping; able to lift 20-25 lbs.
- Experience with Clio a plus
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in a divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits for all full-time positions:
- Paid Holidays (immediate)
- PTO (eligible at 90 days)
- Health Insurance benefits (eligible at 60 days, partially subsidized)
- Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible at 80 days, subsidized)
- 401(k) benefits (eligible at 1 year with employer contributions)