MFR Men's & Fathers' Rights Divorce Lawyers | Schultz & Associates, LLC
We are a fast-growing law firm in Northern New Jersey. We are on a mission to prevent parental and legal injustices against Fathers and Men. Our mission is to help good fathers and their children stay together despite a divorce or family law situation; we also want to ensure that no man gets left behind by the legal system or run over by their spouse!
We are looking for a high-level SENIOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS of the firm to get us to reach our target goals.
This role will be a savant of workflow and project management, who deeply understands employee engagement, who is metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed, and who will be invested in making important contributions to the success of the Firm.
This is a really exciting position for the right person!
About the Position:
We care about skills and experience. We care just as much about your behaviors, habits, and attitudes…the right person for this role must:
- Never hesitate to praise when deserved and correct when needed
- Have thick skin and high empathy
- Have a sense of humor in equal measure to your sense of compassion
- Not only “adapt” to change, but lead change – drive it and thrive in it
- Talk more about the solution than the problem
- Equally, embrace both aspects of the “work/life balance.”
- Have a high energy level
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)
- Accessible to the team as needed
If you have run your own division or department or can demonstrate you have the experience we need for this position and believe in the mission of our firm, then you might be the right fit!
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Strong skills in employee engagement and leadership, supervision, building culture, and termination
- Learning how to measure what matters and using common financial reports to make business decisions (budget variance, P and L, cash flow forecast)
- Playing a role in the management of teams of 20+ people and budgets of $10,000,000 or more
- Systems management and process refinement to ensure matters are handled appropriately so that client needs are met, legal and ethical requirements are met, and clients receive excellent service
- Managing bookkeepers, accountants, technology services, and other vendors
This is a leader with broad responsibilities for the day-to-day management and administration of the Firm's high-level business operations. This candidate also assists the Owner and sometimes is in charge of leadership responsibilities.
The primary goal of this role is to relieve the Owner of the routine tasks involved in managing the business so the Owner can focus on higher-level strategic and legal tasks. Secondarily, this candidate is a strategic partner with the Owner, leveraging the firm’s business plan and budget to help drive strategy to increase top-line revenue and bottom-line profits.
- With the delegated authority of the Owner, the candidate manages all the business functions of the Firm and supervises all staff.
$120k-150k base salary, plus the opportunity to earn incentive-based compensation based on successful achievement of KPIs.
Facilities And Operations Management:
- Creates, implements, and maintains the Firm’s policies, systems, and procedures
- Assures that the firm’s activities are fully documented in writing
- Trains the staff in their respective duties using the Firm’s written policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the Owner to define Key Performance Indicators to define success, measure results, and optimize the productivity of the staff
- Monitors and enforces the Firm’s rules to ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the Firm’s approved rules, policies, and procedures
- Principal responsibility for the Firm’s information technology systems
- Designs the Firm’s Information Technology systems to minimize waste and maximize internal efficiencies within the firm
- Works with vendors to implement and maintain the Firm’s IT infrastructure
- Trains staff on the use of all technological systems and enforces proper use of the same in accordance with the Firm’s written policies and procedures
- Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties.
- See IT responsibilities above
- Purchases routine office supplies
- Acting as the firm’s liaison with furniture vendors
- Assuring that office's furniture inventory is maintained and repaired as needed
Oversees overall facilities management to assure:
- Maintenance activities are performed
- Facility problems are solved
- Parking facilities are made available to employees
- Arranges the purchase of approved office equipment
- Manages the firm’s office furniture inventory
- Coordinating routine furniture purchases
- Assisting the owner in making furniture purchasing decisions
- Cleaning services are satisfactory
- Emergency protocols and plans are set out and ready when needed
- Recruits, hires, orients, trains, and acts as the firm’s supervisor and employer of all staff, including paralegals
- Implements and enforces the Firm's personnel rules and employment policies
- Performs or supervises the payroll function and administers the Firm’s benefit plans
Finance And Accounting:
- Evaluate the staff around defined Key Performance Indicators and makes recommendations to the owner regarding their work assignments, salaries, bonuses, and discipline
- Performs Quarterly Reviews with the staff, including paralegals
- Coordinates with other Department heads to forecast hiring and workforce needs
- Support and be in charge of finding ways to reinforce and/or grow the firm’s culture aligned with our firm's missions and values
- Supervises the Firm’s bookkeeping function and may perform some bookkeeping tasks (e.g., reconciling bank statements, reviewing expenditures, authorizing vendor payments, etc.)
- Manages the Firm’s billing functions with the billing coordinator (e.g. monitoring work in process, creating systems to ensure sure that completed work gets billed timely and in plain English, etc.)
- Oversees collections activities and ensures proper timing of A/R payments and that ongoing A/R is less than 3%
- Monitors financial statements, prepare budgets, and advise the Owner regarding when problems are observed
- Collaborates with the Owner to improve financial controls and analyze key financial reports to identify inefficiencies in the Firm and spot opportunities for improvement to the Firm’s bottom line
Marketing And Event Planning:
- Overseeing and coordinating when needed the arrangements for firm events
- Assists the owner with marketing activities
- Collaborates with the Owner on the Firm’s overall Business Plan and Marketing Plan, and Metrics and helps strategize opportunities to improve the sales and marketing departments of the Firm to help grow the Firm’s top-line revenue
- Manages the Firm’s relationships with current clients, former clients, and outside referral sources
Education And Experience
- The candidate will have the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Being certified (or in the progress of being certified) as a PLA or CLM by the Association of Legal Administrators is also preferred. https://www.alanet.org/education/credentialing
- The candidate will have significant supervisory experience and experience working in a law firm is also preferred. Experience in operational process refinement, budgeting, and HR is highly preferred
$120,000 - $150,000 yearly
About MFR Men's & Fathers' Rights Divorce Lawyers | Schultz & Associates, LLC
Do you like having fun at work? We are an exciting workplace where you will play an important role in the lives of Men, Fathers & Children. We offer plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development too. The on-target earnings for this opportunity are inclusive of a base salary and the opportunity for consistent merit increases and professional development opportunities.
A generous benefits package is offered: health benefits, paid time off, and a 401k program. We take into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the New Jersey Bill A1094, a candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.