We are looking for a Professional Legal Administrator – also known as a Director of Operations or a “Law Firm COO.” This is an executive-level position … a full-blown, bona fide Firm Administrator responsible for a wide range of activities in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. You will handle key administrative responsibilities and play a key role in shaping firm culture. You will be vital to the success and growth of an energetic, dynamic, and nimble law firm.
We need someone with significant hands-on experience with office leadership.
You must have experience managing a team of more than 20 people and a budget of a mid-size law firm.
This is not a position for an “Office Manager” or an “Administrative Assistant” looking to step up into a new role.
We have put a lot of energy into building our “A-team” and we need to take it to the next level. We are proud of the team we have put together, and are seeking the perfect Administrator to solidify and sustain our success.
The Professional Legal Administrator will work closely with the Owner on firm-wide strategy, employee engagement, systems development, accounting, and HR issues. Extensive human resources experience is a must, as is a proven track record of office leadership and team growth.
Our Professional Legal Administrator will be responsible for managing and overseeing the systems that run the business and the people who run those systems.
- Collaborate with the Owners and other department directors to create the annual Business Plan, annual budget, strategic calendar, and regular administrative meetings
- Tracking and directing management of Marketing campaigns and vendors with a focus on measuring ROI
- Employee Supervision, Leadership, Engagement and Performance Management
- Conduct regular employee reviews and provide substantive feedback to all team members
- Human Resources compliance
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Create and improve critical business systems to ensure profitable operations
- Analyze key financial reports and KPIs to identify inefficiencies
- Improve internal financial controls and financial systems
- Vendor and Facilities Management
- Develop, implement, and track organizational growth plans
- Cultivating networking opportunities and referral sources
Who you are is just as important as what you will do. The right person for this role must:
- Be able to identify issues and priorities quickly and communicate them effectively
- Seek out and uncover performance issues and recommend solutions
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills) with a wide range of issues
- Be metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed
- Be able to “manage up” to help us help you get your job done
- Significant responsibility for business operations such as human resources, technology, facilities, finance, and marketing.
- Experience in operational process refinement and HR is of the highest importance
- ALA (Association of Legal Administrators) membership and any certifications through the ALA are required. Additionally, please include any PMP certifications
- Knowledge of family law will be helpful but is not required. Knowledge of and experience in Law Firms and Law Firm Management is required
- Be able to proactively manage an office. Identifying and correcting potential pain points before they become issues.
- Manage interoffice work delegation to ensure our team is operating at their full capacity
- Be familiar with internal record keeping and client management software used within the legal industry, or demonstrate a willingness to quickly adapt to these platforms
- Be willing to lead by example by implementing and following best practices
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Understanding and using common business reports to make decisions (budget variance, P&L, cashflow forecast)
- Helping businesses navigate the complexities of rapid growth, and ensuring that this growth is sustainably managed
- Refining business processes to improve law firm profitability
- Using project management to ensure clients’ matters are handled appropriately, legal & ethical requirements are met, and clients receive excellent service
- On-boarding, supervising, managing, and driving employee engagement
- Managing Human Resources functions (recruitment, interviewing, payroll, benefits administration, management of pay and bonus structures)
- Managing facilities, security, technology vendors
- Ability to handle internal and external deadlines. Proactively managing the communications around deadlines to team and owners
- Conducting regular performance evaluations of legal and support staff
- Implementing measurable performance goals for both the organization and individual team members
$80,000 - $120,000
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.