The Law Offices of Josephia Rouse
The Law Offices of Josephia Rouse, LLC is looking for a Professional Legal Administrator to work directly with the Law Firm Principal/Owner to oversee everything in the law firm, except the practice of law.
This is an awesome job because you impact the lives of employees, the court, our clients and our community on a daily basis.
We need a Professional Legal Administrator who can manage the business functions as well as the overall administration and operations of the firm and who can assume general responsibility for financial planning and controls, personnel management and administration, information technology, and facilities management. The position encompasses identifying and planning for the changing needs of the organization, sharing responsibility with the firm principal/owner for strategic planning, practicing management and marketing, and contributing to cost-effective management throughout the organization.
We are building a firm where systems run the business, and people run the systems. This position is responsible for improving both our people and our systems.
We use metrics to make decisions, not emotions or popularity contests.
- Financial Management: Including planning, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, profitability analysis, financial reporting, general ledger accounting, billing and collections, cash flow control, banking relationships, investment, tax planning, tax reporting, trust accounting, payroll, pension plans, and other financial management functions.
- Human Resource Management: Including recruiting, selection, training and development, performance evaluation, salary administration, employee relations, motivation, counseling, disciplining, discharging, benefits administration, workers’ compensation, personnel data systems, job design, resource allocation, and other human resource management functions for the legal, paralegal and support staff.
- Systems Management: Including systems analysis, operational audits, cost/benefit analysis, computer systems design, programming, and systems development, information services, records management, library management, office automation, document construction systems, information storage, and retrieval, telecommunications, litigation support, legal practice systems, and other systems management functions.
- Facilities Management: Including space planning and design, purchasing, inventory control, reprographics, records storage, reception/switchboard services, telecommunications, mail, messenger, and other facilities management functions.
- Operations/Management: Including strategic and tactical planning, business development, risk management, quality control, organizational development, firm planning processes, and other general management functions.
- Practice Management: Including lawyer recruiting, lawyer training and development, legal assistant supervision, work product quality control, professional standards, substantive practice systems, and other practice management functions.
- Marketing: Including management of client profitability analysis, forecasting of business opportunities, planning client development, marketing legal services, and enhancing the firm’s visibility and image in the desired markets.
- Culture: Insuring that we continue to create a culture that helps our people become better humans.
- Ability to work with one management owner.
- Has knowledge of legal or other professional service organizations and has experience managing business operations such as human resources, technology, facilities, finance, and marketing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Can identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas and recommend and implement solutions. Can manage office functions economically and efficiently, organize work, establish priorities and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with lawyers and support staff.
- Displays excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to delegate.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with major coursework in business administration or management, finance, human resources, technology or marketing, or comparable work experience.
- Professional certifications are a plus, including a Certified Legal Manager (CLM) designation.
We are focused on individuals who care about our clients, our community and our profession and who work every day to ensure that ethos is considered.
If this sounds like your job, your team, and you’re qualified for the role, we look forward to talking with you soon!
$90,000 - 125,000.00+ yearly
About The Law Offices of Josephia Rouse
We are a fast-growing, tech-savvy family law firm, looking for someone who is up for the challenge of making a difference every day in the lives of our clients. Our clients are our focus, we are focused on creating a plan with them and following through with that plan so that they can look forward to a better life after divorce.