The Colwell Law Group
Do you have a passion for numbers and analyzing reports? Our growing law firm is looking to add an experienced legal accountant with a commitment to excellence. We are looking for a team player who can manage general ledgers, process payroll, and run accurate financial reports. We will rely on you to process client billing and meet deadlines, so proficiency at running custom reports and experience with accounting software is a must. If this sounds like a position that is ideal for you, let’s talk!
- Handle both accounts receivable and accounts payable and distribute monthly client invoices
- Ensure staff and attorney payroll is processed, prepare annual W-2’s and 1099’s, and tax filings
- Answer client inquiries concerning invoices and keep attorneys apprised of resolution
- Help with our end-of-year audit by running and analyzing various financial reports
- Reconcile general ledgers, prepare financial transaction reports such as income and loss statements, balance sheets, and account reconciliations
- Exceptional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Minimum 5 years of recent accounting, bookkeeping, or related field experience at a law firm or accounting firm
- Expert in MS Excel, data entry, and accounting software
- Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality dealing with financial data
- Minimum high school diploma, some college is helpful - bachelor’s degree is a bonus
$40,000 - $60,000 yearly
About The Colwell Law Group
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for a new associate. We maintain a small firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!