The Colwell Law Group
Our busy accounting department is looking for a data-driven legal accountant to assist our established firm. If you have a passion for accuracy in all things numbers and reports and have prior experience working in accounts receivable and payable, we want to talk with you! We are looking for a qualified candidate who takes pride in all tasks, whether it’s with running financial reports, reconciling general ledgers, managing payroll, and processing client billing, or preparing W-2’s and 1099’s. If this sounds like a position you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply today!
- Assist in our year-end audit with financial reporting and analysis
- Adjust and reconcile general ledgers and prepare financial reports such as balance statements and income and loss statements
- Answer client inquiries concerning invoices and keep attorneys apprised of resolution
- Maintain both accounts receivable and accounts payable and process monthly invoices for clients
- Ensure staff and attorney payroll is processed, prepare annual W-2’s and 1099’s, and tax filings
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality handling financial data
- Knowledgeable with MS Excel, data entry, and accounting software
- 5 years’ related accounting, bookkeeping, or related field experience at a law firm or accounting firm
- Minimum high school diploma, some college is helpful - bachelor’s degree is a bonus
- Jobseekers should have outstanding attention to detail, analytical skills and communication skills with the ability to work accurately and thrive in a high-pressure work environment
$40,000 - $60,000 yearly
About The Colwell Law Group
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for the right person to help us continue. We maintain a small-firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!