Hooks Meng & Clement
Are you a motivated law student or recent graduate looking to put your writing and research skills to the test? Our law firm has an opening for a law clerk and we are looking for a driven individual with a desire to learn to join our team. You’ll get hands-on experience in worker's compensation, subrogation and other areas of industrial relations law.
- Prepare the initial drafts of various documents, such as pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery requests/responses
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent information is accurate and deadlines and docketed properly
- Draft legal memoranda with results of research in order to assist with the strategy for court proceedings
- Interview witnesses and communicate with clients in preparation for hearings
- One to two years of work experience in a legal environment
- Exhibit strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must have great writing skills and effective communication skills to participate in oral arguments effectively
- Current law school student with a bachelor’s degree or recent law school graduate
- Take or have already successfully passed state bar exam
$18 - $20 hourly
About Hooks Meng & Clement
Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC is a full-service law firm specializing in industrial relations including corporate workers' compensation, insurance defense, OSHA, and lobbying services. We are a fast-growing, medium-sized law firm. There are excellent opportunities for growth!