We’re in search of a hard-working team player to join us as a landscape and gardening crew leader. You’ll supervise other crew members, while performing seasonal maintenance and installation duties for our customers including planting of landscape plants and seasonal flowers, paver and wall installation, fertilizing, mulching, edging, raking, pruning, and any additional landscaping tasks. Job seekers should take pride in quality workmanship and enjoy working with others. Availability for snow removal in the winter a plus - either plowing or shoveling depending on experience. May assist with vehicle/shop maintenance in winter.
- Supervises, coordinates, and participates in the labor and work activities of the crew and directs on-the-job training of employees in regard to safety, use of equipment, and work method
- Work with a team installing trees, shrubs, flowers and bulbs, weeding and bed cleanup, irrigation, leaf removal, mulching, trimming and pruning, aerate lawns & plant grass seed, gather and remove litter, snow removal
- Works with salesperson/designer who will assist with reviewing the job and client's wishes, laying out plants, etc.
- Operate light and heavy equipment, automotive equipment, power tools, and hand tools
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in landscaping
- Valid Class E Driver’s License or ability to get one
- Knowledge of tools, materials, and practices of grounds maintenance
- Knowledge and skill in operating automotive vehicles and heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions over radio, telephone, and in-person
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Good attitude and hardworking
- Ability to work with a team of people
- Good attendance and reliable
- Work outdoors, in extreme temperatures, and in adverse weather
- Ability to frequently move and/or lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry it a reasonable distance, and occasionally lift and/or move more than eighty (80) pounds. Requires physical stamina
- Ability to bend and kneel for a prolonged period of time
$15 - $17 hourly
About Horstmann Brothers
We are a family-owned company in business for over 30 years in the St. Louis area. We are a full-service landscape company with services including plant installation, bed maintenance, mowing, stone & hardscape installation, irrigation & drainage, landscape lighting, lawn applications, seasonal leaf removal. Visit our website at www.horstmannbrothers.com to view our work.
Horstmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer