Schneider Buchel LLP
Growing Garden City law firm - representing Community Associations and corporations - seeks admitted attorney with 5 plus years of landlord-tenant and real estate experience such as drafting Summary Proceedings and conducting hearings, as well as general real estate experience to lead the firm's LANDLORD-TENANT/REAL ESTATE CLOSING DEPARTMENT. Our firm has a friendly team environment and dedicates time to making our office the “best place to work”. This is an opportunity for a growth-minded attorney who wants to grow with our firm. This is a Partnership track position for the right person. A Book of business is a plus but not required.
This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Contribution towards health benefits (in the firm’s health plan)
- Profit-sharing plan
- Hybrid Work from Home environment permitted (but not required) following the training period
- Drafting non-payment and holdover default notices and Summary Proceedings
- Motion practice related to Landlord-Tenant matters
- Court appearances and hearings related to Summary Proceedings
- Real estate closing experience is a plus as you will oversee the closings we conduct as a transfer agent for Co-ops we represent
- Knowledge of a general real estate transaction is all that is needed as we will train on the nuances of the Co-op transfer agent role
- Estates/Surrogate Court experience (i.e. - knowledge of how to handle a deceased tenant)
- At least five (5) year’s experience
About Schneider Buchel LLP
Schneider Buchel LLP is a growing law firm with clients throughout New York State. Our focus is on making our firm both a great place to work as well as providing great service to its clients.