Curve Development is currently looking for a Land Planning & Entitlements Manager for their Operations Department. The right candidate will be responsible for the ownership and ultimate responsibility for the employees performing the following:
- Determining the feasibility of a planned acquisition
- Entitlement of property including obtaining zoning and governmental approvals
- Oversee the completion, submittal, and approval of construction plans
- Oversee the tax appeal process within the division
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire due diligence process. Due diligence includes determining both the physical and financial feasibility of a planned community
Research the following and possess the analytical skills to interpret the following:
- Adjacent zoning classifications and uses, aviation flight paths and pattern space
- Current or future nearby freeway construction (dates)
- Transmission lines, school district information, nearby shopping, employment areas
- Review existing and possible proposed zoning classifications, determine if existing stipulations exist (prior zoning case)
- Determine if stipulated to existing site plan, review City Zoning Ordinance
- Current impact fees, school “voluntary”(ransom) fees
- Preliminary entitlement schedule
- Acquire city water, sewer, right-of-way and zoning maps
- City buy-ins
- Right-of-way dedication or abandonment needs, median breaks request or required,
- Water size/location, sewer size/location, capacity
- Identify electric company provider, power pole/line burial,
- Status of any existing fence (condition/location)
- Status of existing pavement/curb/gutter/sidewalk, existing landscaping (relocate/salvage/clear and grub),
- Status of existing irrigation ditches/pipes, review flood plain maps for determination
Financial Due Diligence:
- Research and organize market data to determine the financial viability of a planned community
- Act as a member of the executive team in determining product mix, and in determining the overall viability of the project
Ownership of the entire entitlement process including:
- Hiring and coordination of counsel in generating submittal narratives/exhibits
- Hiring and coordination of land planning and engineering consultants to prepare submittal exhibits/plans
- Receive, review, and revise exhibits/plans.
- Attend meetings with city staff and Curve Development Team
- Request, receive and submit city application fee, submit application and plans
- Attend public hearings and speak as required.
- Schedule and attend neighbor meetings and speak as required
- Render site plan for meetings
- Request and receive adjacent neighbor mailing labels for notification
- Prepare notifications, affidavits of notice, and submit to city.
- Prepare notifications, stuff envelopes, and mail out letters
- Coordinate and pay for GP/Zoning signage (on-site)
Oversee the completion, submittal and approval of construction plans including:
- Solicit bids and determining engineers and other consultants
- Coordinate and track the submittal of construction plans and other plans (i.e., Final Site Plan and Final Plat)
- Attend follow-up meetings with city staff
- Receive and review plans, produce revisions
- Coordinate with staff on Council approval of Final Plat
- Coordinate Final Plat recordation at County Recorder’s office
Oversee the Tax appeal process within the Division:
- Research of comps in the area. Prepare applications and submit appeals to County. Attend and represent the company in all tax appeal hearings
- Oversee and coordinate all other public hearings including variances, amendments, abandonment’s, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; OR six to eight years related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel
- Registered planner or engineer helpful but not required
$80,000+ (depending on experience)
About Curve Development
Curve is a Developer/Builder currently developing single family rental projects coast to coast through an exclusive real estate equity fund. Curve has both the capital, and regional land partners to acquire and develop sites without the typical hurdles other Developers are challenged with. Our focus is on quality and growth and the only way accomplish is with a great team.
Please visit our website at www.curvedevelopment.com for more information.