Ashburn Children's Dentistry
Would you love a rewarding career opportunity working with families and infants? Have fun at work every day - enjoying an awesome team!
Our team is looking for a Lactation Consultant or Counselor!
We are growing and our busy advanced pediatric dental practice would love to add talented, energized, and educated members to our team! This is a unique opportunity in the dental field! If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you. If you want to help children smile, be healthy, and be a member of a team of friendly professionals who like to have fun while they work then you're looking for us!
This position is a part-time or full-time position. This person would be interested in pursuing a career as a Lactation Consultant or Counselor; training in this field is required. Under indirect supervision, the Lactation Consultant or Counselor will help families with their breastfeeding questions and concerns. Educate patients on how to correctly breastfeed their babies, offering tips during the first feedings. Help mothers in the transitions back to work by teaching them how to maintain milk supplies. Understand and educate on the impacts of tethered oral tissues on breastfeeding and future development. Empower and assist patients in pre-and post- frenectomy stages.
If you have experience and have a desire to improve your patient's lives by taking a new perspective and treating the cause of the problem from a structure, function, and behavior approach, rather than the symptoms, this job may be right for you!
Our team genuinely loves kids, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable, and fun experience for everyone that walks through our doors, including our team! We have more continuing education and training than 99% of those in our industry and we use that knowledge to provide an exceptional experience for our patients. We have an office culture of continual learning and daily focus on our successes. Patient protocols are in place to focus on achieving health - not just fixing teeth. Communication and compassion are central to our practice and necessary to help our patients see the potential dentistry has to change their life. Our doctors are exceptionally skilled, humble, and truly enjoy teaching the team. Our practice has high standards but we enjoy helping our team members exceed those expectations with coaching and training opportunities.
*Please complete the entire application and assessment to be considered for the position.
- Assess patients’ abilities related to breast and bottle feeding.
- Confer with patients about their histories in order to determine what types of assistance are needed.
- Assist with proper feeding techniques relating to both breast and bottle feeding.
- Educate patients and their families on the aftercare responsibilities of receiving a frenectomy.
- Develop and propose patient treatment plans that will result in best results.
- Evaluate patients’ needs for additional types of providers when necessary and confer with the Doctor.
- Observe, evaluate, and record conditions, reactions, and changes in patients.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Conduct practice within defined standards of care.
- Meet or exceed patient satisfaction goals within practice.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of treatment area.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner and encourage referrals.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to patient schedules and office policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- A mature attitude towards the human body.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Minimum Associate's Degree.
- Active CLC or ALC status.
- Regular continuing education in advanced lactation areas.
- Preferred active IBCLC status.
- Minimum six months of experience. Preferred one year of experience.
- An interest and passion for helping patients and their families with tethered oral tissues.
- Multi-limb coordination while sitting, standing, or lying down in order to provide assistance to patients.
- Frequent patient and interoffice personnel interaction as this position is primarily in direct contact with patients and requires excellent customer interaction.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA, equipment use, and office standards.
- Meet or exceed patient satisfaction goals within practice, and ethical rules for the profession.
- Excellent time management skills in order to complete massage work in a timely manner and according to schedules without compromising patient satisfaction.
- Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to time and that this individual may be asked to assist in other areas of the office.
- Must excel in forward-thinking in order to anticipate the needs of the patient.
- Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must demonstrate a team-player mindset by showing ability to keep a positive attitude and make the best choices for the Practice. Ability to establish rapport with and instill confidence in patients who may be in pain.
- Paid time off for full-time members which increases as you grow in your career with us
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k Retirement
- Paid holidays
- Employer-paid training opportunities
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
$45 - $50 hourly
About Ashburn Children's Dentistry
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.