Full Time in our Pinehurst office
Performs general daily specimen collection, testing and quality assurance as set forth by the laboratory guidelines. The laboratory testing personnel monitors quality control, test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
1. Prepare laboratory specimens
a. Follow patient verification protocol
b. Prepare specimen based upon test ordered
c. Rotate on a weekly basis with other laboratory technicians in clinical departments.
d. Perform phlebotomy as needed
a. Identify appropriate based upon orders
b. Follow procedures for either equipment or manual laboratory testing
c. Report the results in the Laboratory Information System
3. Quality Assurance
a. Perform daily quality control
b. Follows the laboratory quality control policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory established acceptable levels of performance
c. Calibration of instrumentation
d. Preventive Maintenance of analyzers
e. Troubleshooting of analyzers
f. Retention of records according to CLIA standards
4. Follow safety, and infection control procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
a. Disinfect equipment
b. Clean room
c. Dispose of bio-hazardous waste and sharps
d. Provides a safe environment from physical, chemical, and biological hazards
e. Perform routine maintenance as required by laboratory procedures
5. Perform administrative duties as directed
a. Document patient communications accurately and appropriately
b. Answer telephones
c. Order supplies and perform inventory of supplies and equipment
d. Other duties as assigned
Refer to the department policy and procedure manual for procedure specific personal protective equipment requirements.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Completion of formal training including either a B.A. or AAS in appropriate field.
3. Certification or eligible for national certification
4. Ability to follow procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patients results.
5. Knowledge of medical terms preferred
6. Basic computer skills
1. Maintains confidentiality
2. Service orientation: actively looks for ways to help people
3. Attention to detail
4. Determines work priorities
5. Requires repetitive use of microscope
6. Can stand and/or sit for long periods of time
7. Can lift/carry up to 50 lbs