"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of an Equipment Mechanic for our VSS International, Inc. facility.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and development
Our Laboratory Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Manager in all areas of asphalt and paving applications including testing, mix design, and special projects as needed. Assist with planning, development, implementation, and administration of quality assurance and quality control in all VSSE/VSSI labs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with schedules/performs maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Must have the ability to follow directions.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with others. Expected and accountable to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in an effective manner with team.
- Must have the ability to accept feedback.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Willing to work with construction materials and maintain a clean working environment.
- Read and run standard test methods and practices.
- Dedicated to safe work practices.
- Monitors quality assurance and quality control analysis design review sampling, testing, and training.
- Keep a neat, well-recorded lab notebook and other records.
- Run and record quality assurance tests and test results.
- Conduct pavement mix designs and testing.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with internal and external drivers and customers.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communications skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning under fast pace stressful working conditions.
EDUCATIONS and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Chemistry or related field + lab experience or working toward degree.
- Practical experience in a lab is helpful.
- Good computer skills including working with spreadsheets (Microsoft Office).
- Understanding basic lab practices and math calculation skills is helpful.
- Good record-keeping and reporting skills are helpful.
$18 - $22 hourly
About Basic Resources
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.