The Hilton Garden Inn Rockford is hiring a Kitchen Lead/Supervisor. The Kitchen Lead Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and participating in the preparation of food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Supervisor, you would be responsible for overseeing and participating in the preparation of food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Oversee and prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
* Oversee and maintain cleanliness and food sanitation
* Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
* Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
* Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
* Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
* Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
* Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
* Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
Prior culinary and kitchen supervisory experienced needed
Off I-90 and Highway 20, we're two miles north of Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. Highway access puts us within 15 minutes of downtown Rockford, Anderson Japanese Gardens, and Discovery Center Museum, with Chicago Rockford International Airport 12 miles away. Enjoy our activity pool, with a zero-depth area for the little ones, and a fitness center.