Five Star Technology Solutions
The K-12 Data Analytics Specialist provides assistance in developing data analytics solutions for K-12 schools and universities. Working closely with the Senior K-12 Data Analytics Specialist and other members of the data analytics team, the K-12 Data Analytics Specialist helps design, develop, test, and deploy data dashboards, reports, and supporting materials to customers.
The K-12 Data Analytics Specialist will work remotely and report directly to the Senior Director of Data Analytics.
- Leverage data visualization tools like Google Data Studio to design and develop data dashboards and reports for K-12 schools and universities.
- Build presentations, dashboards, and reports in a logical, audience-friendly manner that drive quick fact-based decisions, conversations, and action.
- Test, revise, and deploy data dashboards to clients.
- Collaborate closely with other data analytics team members to improve our overall products and services for clients.
- Create forms and strategies to help schools efficiently and effectively collect data.
- Format, massage, and scrub data used in data dashboards.
- Interpret, summarize, and communicate data analyses to clients.
- Download, review, and interpret school-related data from assessment providers, school spreadsheets, and other systems.
- Acquire training in data analysis tools and industry best practices
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree is preferred
- K-12 education experience is preferred
- Strong spreadsheet skills. (Google Sheets is preferred.)
- Experience with data dashboard design and development (Google Data Studio is preferred.)
- The ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated skills in data analytics
- Ability to troubleshoot data questions
- Experience with validating and auditing data
- Experience with writing SQL queries is preferred
- The ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, prepare written and visual reports, and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Solid technical background
- Eagerness, capacity, and initiative to learn new skills
- Ability to primarily work remotely with occasional overnight travel for special events.
$50,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star Technology Solutions, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused staff understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believes the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.