We are looking to add a Junior Underwriting to a Top Producing Team! This person will work directly with the team to Pre Underwrite a file and submit it directly to Underwriting. This is a great next step for somebody who is extremely knowledgeable on loan programs and would like to take their next step in their career and eventually train to be an Underwriter.
- Work with all processors to improve the quality of the loan file being submitted to underwriting and closing
- Identify loan-level defects, common post-closing conditions, items that delay insuring, coach processing team members to prevent repeat issues on future files
- Pre Underwrite and scrub files before they go into Underwriting
- Anticipate and be proactive on conditions needed before a file goes into Underwriting
- Effectively communicate with all parties throughout the loan process
- Review documentation received within 24 hours of receipt for discrepancies, omissions, verified income calculation, asset verification, and Encompass updates based on verified information and immediately notify Loan Originators when any discrepancies are found on the documentation
- Partner with Loan Originators in resolving problems in files and documents
- Ensure files are complete and set-up in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Efficiently meet deadlines while maintaining multiple assignments/projects
- High School Diploma or equivalent Minimum 3 years’ current conventional fixed and ARM, HELOC, and construction mortgage loan processing or origination experience
- Working knowledge of RESPA and general knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations and loan documents preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a strong team-oriented environment
- Available to work varying hours and overtime if needed
- Encompass experience preferred but not required
- Computer Knowledge (DU, LP, Microsoft Office Windows)
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
$70,000 - $100,000
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage is more than a mortgage! When we started in 2003, our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their needs, being there every step of the way, and making homeownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
Come join a smart company that will help you grow both personally and professionally. With the best leadership team in the industry, competitive pay/benefits, and the opportunity for remote work, CrossCountry offers the full package.