Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your role, or get into mortgage processing, but don't have a lot of experience? The Branch Junior Processor position may be the role for you!
A junior processor fills out, verifies, compiles, inputs financial data and organizes all the paperwork and documents pertaining to mortgage loan applications. They communicate with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contacts credit companies, the borrower's employer, the seller, appraisers, and other necessary individuals to acquire and verify information such as: employment, income, assets, net worth, willingness to pay the loan, property appraisal, property survey and property abstract
- Evaluates the financial details and the background of the borrower to verify the accuracy against the borrower's data and observe discrepancies
- Sends out approval and denial letters
- Calculates payment schedules and explain the details to the borrower with all the terms and conditions, rights and responsibilities
- Submits accepted applications to a Loan Closer and/or the Underwriting Team
- Records data on the status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, cancelled, or denied
- Performs various administrative tasks, including but not limiting, filing, managing office communications, etc.
- Assists Operations Manager with multiple duties and/or projects
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of business acumen
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- Previous experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- 1+ years of experience as a Loan Processor preferred
- Demonstrated experience with high volume data entry
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
About Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is a national company with over 10,439 employees and 700 branches. Fairway reached over 65.8 Billion in volume in 2020. We have "10" core values that are the foundation from which our company was created.
- Humility First
- Foster Growth and Knowledge
- Have Fun
- Create an amazing experience for you
- Speed to Respond
- Seek Wise Counsel
- Respect, Listen and Stay Balanced
- Committed to serve
- Consistent, Honest Communication
- Family Focused
Our local Fairway branches consist of 5 high-volume offices in and around the Raleigh, North Carolina area.