Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
The Law Office of Susan Katzen is a Trust, Estates, and Special Needs law firm located in Newport Beach.
Our firm is growing, and we are seeking a positive and compassionate full-time paralegal who is looking for a career position where he/she can grow with a firm, be challenged, and work in a familial and collaborative environment.
This is an entry-level, full-time Junior Paralegal position for the right person who wants to train and build a career with us!
- Preparing initial drafts of Trusts, Petitions, proposed Orders, Declarations, and Supplements in response to Probate Notes, Notices to Government Agencies, Receipts, cover letters, and other documents.
- Mail-serving notices and pleadings.
- Checking Probate notes.
- Filing documents with the Court, including e-filing.
- Scheduling court appearances and preparing case files for hearings.
- Communicating with clients, other law firms, trustees, settlement brokers, financial advisors, bond companies, court clerks, and other personnel.
- Calendaring and maintaining databases.
- Answering phones, scheduled meetings, and conference calls, handling new client intakes, and assist with other administrative tasks in the office.
- 1 year of experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant is preferred but will train the right candidate who has less experience.
- Paralegal certification or qualify as a paralegal under California Business & Professions Code 6450.
- Ability to work in the office full-time.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (knowledge of Actionstep is a plus!)
$18 - $22 hourly DOE
About Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
The Law Office of Susan A. Katzen provides personalized legal services and peace of mind that empowers our clients to plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love—especially those loved ones with a disability—and the assets they possess to ensure family harmony.
Why work with us? We value our employees and their individual success! We provide:
- Continuing education
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401K plan with employer matching (after the qualification period)
We also love to give back to the community! Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year.