Are you great with numbers and enjoy helping people? Then we’d love to talk with you about our junior underwriter position. You’ll provide underwriting support to the team to ensure a helpful and happy home-buying experience for our customers. No experience? No problem. We’ll give you the tools and training you need to be successful in this entry-level role. If you’re ready to start your career in mortgage, reach out to us today!
- Satisfy completed loan conditions once completed according to lender and underwriting guidelines
- Analyze all loan applications, disclosures, and documentation for accuracy and regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Collect all necessary documentation, such as credit reports, title policies, appraisals, loan applications, and financial statements and verify their accuracy for loan files
- Correspond with applicants on behalf of the underwriting team, senior underwriter, and residential mortgage loan officer
- Maintain timely submissions to the underwriting team by prioritizing, tracking, and managing the loan underwriting process
- Superior interpersonal, communications, and customer service skills are needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will accept an associate’s degree with previous underwriting experience
- An understanding of real estate terminology, mortgage lending practices, and mortgage loan requirements (FHA, USDA, VA, Conventional, etc.) is a plus
- Analytical data skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent decision-making skills are required
$55,000 - $70,000
LENDSPIRE is a local Chattanooga based mortgage company that leverages technology to provide the most efficient, seamless, and cost-effective mortgage process for the consumer.