Educate Mortgage is dedicated to disrupting the mortgage industry for good. We believe borrowers deserve a fair and competitive mortgage, and Mortgage Loan Officers should have access to simple and fair compensation, coupled with leading technology that allows them to focus on selling. Jr. Mortgage Loan processors are a huge part in making the dream of home ownership a reality, and help facilitate and streamline the origination process with both the borrower and the MLO.
Jr Mortgage Loan Processors should be highly motivated individuals with excitement and a desire to learn about the mortgage industry. This role gathers, prepares, and submits relevant information to evaluate a potential loan applicant’s creditworthiness and eligibility for commercial loans or real estate loans. A Jr Mortgage Loan Processor coordinates with applicants, real estate agents, financial institutions/ lending institutions, lending underwriters, and mortgage loan officers.
- Intake new files and transfer to our working pipeline
- Maintain detailed documentation of the process in our system - from origination to close
- Scrub the file to assure all proper documents were submitted
- Order Verifications on new files
- Order Insurance on new files
- Order Title and Escrow on new files
- Register complete files with the chosen lender
- Act as a liaison between applicants, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to help further loan approval
- Follow up with the client on documentation
- Follow up with the client to sign initial disclosures
- Stay abreast of milestones on assigned files
- Manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Continuously communicate with multiple stakeholders to ensure the loan closes on time
- Detail-oriented and meticulous about ensuring all information is correct
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with borrowers. LOs, underwriters, AMCs, funders, etc.
- Have a team mentality when it comes to working directly with top producing loan officers
- Love working with people and helping borrowers achieve their financial goals
- The work environment is fast-paced with new challenges arising at all times, so must be flexible
- Works well under pressure with a positive attitude
- Have a "whatever it takes" to get the job done attitude
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet simultaneous deadlines
- Recent professional office experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with the real estate process, real estate finance, processing, or consumer credit are ideal, but not required
- Technology savvy- ability to learn and operate mortgage software
$15 - $17 hourly
About Educate Mortgage
Educate Mortgage is a lender based in California and licensed in 19 states. We provide our borrowers excellent service, and competitive rates on their purchase and refinance loans. Learn more at https://educatemortgage.com/.