Our lending team is experiencing tremendous growth and we are looking for a results-oriented junior loan officer who can generate new business and referrals and assist our senior loan officers in creating and closing loan packages. Lending or mortgage industry experience is not required but is a tremendous asset. If you are tenacious, driven, and love a fast-paced career that allows your communication and interpersonal skills to truly shine, please start your application today!
- Discuss options with senior mortgage loan officer/ MLO to make a recommendation of which home loan products are best suited depending on applicant’s financial status
- Educate loan applicants about various residential mortgage loans - answer questions and provide additional information to create personal relationships
- Monitor sales pipeline, meet sales expectations, get referrals, and generate new business opportunities
- Assemble financial information to assist with loan applications, prepare loan files, and assess applicants’ financial situation and eligibility
- Interface between loan processor, senior loan officer/ mortgage loan originator, underwriter, mortgage lender or mortgage banker, and realtors on behalf of the applicant as needed to ensure a successful loan transaction
- Willing to complete training program to obtain NMLS/ MLO/ state license
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Understanding of loan programs guidelines and various types of loans such as FHA, commercial loans, VA, etc is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience in financial services, real estate, lending institutions, credit union, or related fields is valuable, but not required
- Exceptional communications, sales, relationship, and MS Office skills are necessary
About Gerard Mortgage
Gerard Mortgage is a part of the Eric Gerard Family of Companies that includes Eric Gerard Realty. We aim provide excellent customer service by streamlining the home financing process by having all things in house. We are looking for someone who has a tenacity to learn along with the ability to adapt. You will be able to work with our realtors and there are other lead opportunities. If you are not afraid to work hard and learn, you have found the right place.