Rural America, inc
Junior Level Contract Support Specialist:
The candidate shall perform routine contracting tasks, such as acquisition planning, preparing solicitations, proposal analysis and post-award activities in support of less complex government acquisitions. The candidate shall assist with the close-out of existing contracts as needed. Work includes preparing portions of less complex contractual documents and reading and interpreting basic procurement regulations, policies and directives to make recommendations to the Government Contracting Officer.
- Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support the customer and Government Contracting Officer in their decision making.
- Provide procurement assistance, advice and guidance to the customer as requested.
- Advise acquisition team as needed on price, cost, and/or financial related matters throughout the development of sourcing strategies and throughout the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and award of contractual actions for supplies and services.
- Provide cost and price analysis recommendations as requested regarding independent government estimates.
- Recommend business solutions for day to day contractual challenges.
Other specific tasks shall include:
- Acquisition strategy planning, requirements review,
- PWS/SOW development in collaboration with customers, synopsis and solicitation development,
- preparing mandatory contract file documentation, contract management and administration.
- At least two (2) years recent and relevant experience in Federal Contracting.
- Documented experience in and working knowledge of VA programs is preferred.
- The candidate shall have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- The candidate shall be familiar with FAR and Veteran Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) based procurements.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Education may not be substituted for required work experience.
- Be thoroughly familiar and proficient in the use of commercial software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams.
$26 - $29 hourly
About Rural America, inc
Rural America, Inc, (RAI) serves as a government contractor providing human development through administrative offices, human resources management, workforce education & training. RAI is a certified service-disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).