Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
Rock Solid has an immediate opening for a Junior Heavy Highway Estimator in our newly formed On-Road Transportation Services group. This group focuses on structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines. This candidate will also assist in any backlog of stabilization/full-depth reclamation and cold-in-place recycling estimating. A successful candidate will be able to read designs and specifications, gather material estimates from vendors and prepare an estimated bid that meets the specifications of the project. This position will also require great interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with the customer, our vendors and our internal staff.
- Serve as an organizational expert regarding asphalt and concrete pavement operations and materials
- Consider, evaluate and recommend cost alternatives regarding various pavement structures
- Understanding of market conditions of pavement related materials.
- Understanding of emerging pavement related technologies.
- Review, analyze, and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, etc.).
- Perform all tasks related to quantity takeoffs and pricing of design-build projects in the infrastructure market.
- Coordinate with engineers/designers to provide constructability input and value engineering for preliminary project plans.
- Participate in and/or lead Task Force Meetings, brainstorms, and working sessions with engineers/designers.
- Identify, quantify, and communicate Risk throughout the estimating process.
- Perform site visits and investigations as needed.
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree preferred.
- Experience with estimating and delivery of design-build projects
- Experience with estimating all aspects of asphalt and concrete paving projects including materials, plant operations and laydown operations
- Understanding of pavement specifications and quality parameters
- Understanding of aggregate specifications and quality parameters
- Experience with preparing life cycle cost analysis of various pavement types.
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
- 3+ years of construction experience with at least 1 years of experience in estimating on infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Knowledge of construction methods, costs and techniques.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
- Must be willing to travel as the job requires.
Comprehensive benefits package;
- 100% company paid year-round medical/vision/dental premiums for employees/spouse/family after 3 months
- 401(k) plan with company contributions (minimum 4% company contribution) after 1 year of service
- Company-paid life insurance policy
- Company-paid long term disability coverage
- Annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
$65,000 - $99,000 yearly
About Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
We are a fast-growing organization focused on building and recycling our country’s infrastructure in a sustainable, and environmentally friendly manner. Rock Solid is one of the largest specialty civil contractors in the world, focused on the soil modification and pavement preservation markets. We have maintained over 10% growth annually for the last 10 years by providing exceptional customer service to private and public sector clients while leading the way and setting the standards for the pavement preservation and soil stabilization industries. The science of sustainable reconstruction continues to evolve and proves to be cheaper, faster, stronger, and more friendly to the environment than conventional techniques. Join us for a Rock Solid future in a growing industry.