Law Office of Alexis B. Levitt
Our law firm has a full-time associate attorney position available now and we’re looking for the right professional to join our team. You will have the opportunity to learn from the senior associate on legal issues and will provide legal counsel to existing clients. You’ll also be responsible for creating long-term care plans, and managing all probates. If you have experience in any (or several) of our practice areas - elder law, special needs planning, long-term care planning, estate planning, and veterans benefits - and are seeking a full-time opportunity to practice law with plenty of room for growth, start your application today!
Please upload your cover letter when prompted with no more than two paragraphs, plus a closing sentence. In the first paragraph, explain what you believe are the three most important qualities needed in someone who works with elder law and special needs planning clients and why you believe these are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular posting. As a closing sentence, please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
- Working with clients to elicit their issues and goals
- Solving the puzzle of how to fund the care clients need, to stay at home for as long as possible, without burning through all of their assets.
- Creating estate plans that make things as easy as possible for the heirs, maintain family harmony, and, for families with special needs heirs, protect the heir’s continued access to public benefits
- Managing all probates
- Understanding an array of programs, laws, and regulations, and applying them to each family’s unique situation. Namely, but not limited to Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, drug plans, annuities, reverse mortgages, Social Security (SSI, SSDI, retirement), PACE, EOEA and ASAP programs, VA benefits, housing options and programs (both public and private), estate planning, trusts, probate, tax (income, capital gains, estate, gift), and real estate transfers
- Ability to work with senior attorneys to best serve client needs and grow our client base
- Exceptional communication skills and problem-solving skills needed in order to work with all levels of staff and our clients
- Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Have a minimum of one-three years of experience in any of our listed fields. More years of experience are also welcome and appreciated
- Are ready to work approximately 40 hours per week? Can combine working from home with time in the Norwell office. Must be able and willing to work in our office two – three days per week (post-quarantine)
- Are passionate about assisting clients and families with all facets of elder care and special needs planning, from financing home care, planning for nursing home care, planning for special needs children, creating estate plans, and more
- Have a demonstrated commitment to elders and/or special needs individuals
- Enjoy getting to know families one at a time and helping each work through their particular web of issues and goals
- Are happy to manage all probate matters
- Are able to work with people in crisis and/or with diminishing capacity
- Have strong verbal communications skills.Have impeccable writing skills.Must write in “plain English” – no “legalese"
- Have a down-to-earth, approachable personality
- Are exceptionally detail oriented
- Have ability and desire to work independently
- Enjoy puzzles or detective novels.(OK, so this one’s not a requirement, but it’s a helpful trait!)
- Ask good questions
- Have a joy of learning
- Are familiar with Macs, or, happy to learn them
- D. with a Massachusetts license
- Are seeking your long-term “work home.”As a solo law firm, we are not in the position to invest time in an associate who seeks to gain some experience and move on. We are looking for the right fit that will suit both you and the firm for many years
- Salary will increase as revenue benchmarks are met
About Law Office of Alexis B. Levitt
We are known for helping our clients to stay at home for as long as possible, find the care they need, and still leave something behind for their families – and for doing those things because we care. We are an entrepreneurial elder law and special needs planning firm in Norwell that is on track for growth, and we need an experienced associate to join our team and work directly with the owner to help our clients. Our team consists of one attorney/owner, one legal assistant, and one paralegal.