The Miller Law Group
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our law firm is looking for the next associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior partners and associates, conduct legal research, draft documents, and maintain client files. If you’ve recently graduated law school, have excellent fact-finding and communication skills, and are ready to jump-start your career in the legal industry, we want to hear from you!
- Resolve cases efficiently by using communicating effectively with and working alongside senior attorneys and paralegals
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Conduct legal research, prepare for and attend hearings and/or other legal proceedings, and provide legal counsel with the help of senior associate attorneys
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used proceedings and contract negotiations
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Exceptional communication skills and problem-solving skills needed in order to work with all levels of staff and our clients
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Superlative writing, verbal, and math skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency with MS Word
- Working knowledge of Excel, computerized calendaring, and task management are helpful
- Able to manage multiple cases with conflicting deadlines and time pressures
- Self-starter, quick learner, and solid ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated passion for family law
- Team player
- Minimum five years’ experience practicing family law
- Licensed to practice law in New York
- Trained in mediation and/or Collaborative Law a plus
- Must have a clean record with respect to malpractice judgments and bar grievance determinations
$100,000 - $150,000
About The Miller Law Group
We are a family law firm on a mission to change how people divorce and help them divorce with dignity. The firm was founded in 1998 and we are not built like a traditional family law practice. Our legal team respects the parties involved in a family law matter and strives to alleviate stress and agony rather than fan the flames of discord. We are dedicated to putting the needs of children first. Our lawyers use tools such as Collaborative Law and mediation to empower our clients as we work towards solutions.
For details about the firm, check us out here: www.westchesterfamilylaw.com.