Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
$5,000 sign-in bonus. We are seeking an Associate Attorney who has a passion for Family and Employment Immigration Law to help take our growing law firm to the next level. We are not your typical law firm. Our Founder and Managing Attorney is an entrepreneur who is rapidly growing the business and we need an Attorney who can hit the ground running by providing our clients outstanding representation. You must have strong research and writing skills and know your way around a courtroom.
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, briefs, affidavits, motions, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Take ownership of a client's case – federal immigration proceedings and immigration affirmative applications
- Provide full immigration services: family immigration, employment immigration, deportation defense
- Manage cases from start to finish
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to Paralegals and Legal Assistants and monitor their work
- Make brilliant legal arguments and also pull up their sleeves and do forms and make copies if that needs to be done
- Willingness to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Applicants must have successfully passed the state bar exam
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations. We need an Attorney who already has litigation experience, but attitude and compassion are just as important
- High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply
- You must view your profession as a priority; if we can’t count on you to show up in court on time prepared to zealously represent your client, don’t apply
- Confident when faced with a highly emotional client and the ability to handle the situation with a professional demeanor and top customer service
- We are growing, and you may be called upon to wear multiple hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you."
- Graduate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the United States
- Be in good standing with the Bar Association
- Bi-Lingual – Spanish a must; Portuguese a plus
- Must be local to the Tri-County area (Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach) – in-office position
- 1-2 years of experience in immigration private practice
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
Why you should work for Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A.
There are jobs, and then there are careers. At the Law Office of Jamile Moraes Pellicer, P.A. you will have the opportunity to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. You will challenge yourself, learn new skills, and immediately see how your work contributes to our law firm and client goals. We focus on each employee’s personal, professional and financial growth. Imagine being surrounded by smart, ambitious, motivated and positive people, day in and day out, who all come together for one common goal: to help families stay together in the USA and realize their American Dream.
We aim to improve the immigrant community one family at a time. Work in an environment where you will be valued.