Council & Associates Personal Injury Attorneys
Can you put the personal in personal injury?
We are a personal injury law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced personal injury associate attorney to join our team.
Clients tell us repeatedly that we provide a higher level of service, responsiveness, attention to detail, and personal injury expertise than they have experienced elsewhere. We pride ourselves on client-focused service. We are growing fast, and we need an associate attorney who can hit the ground running and share the same desire to provide excellent cover service.
Our firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet large enough to offer the security and benefits you desire. You will work in a company where you know the Owner, have daily interaction with clients, and participate as a vital player on a high-growth team.
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used proceedings and contract negotiations
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Meeting with clients to ascertain case facts and client goals
- Ensuring clients are kept updated on the progress of their matter
- Assisting and overseeing case managers with writing and reviewing settlement demands
- Negotiating settlement offers with insurance adjusters and/or opposing counsel
- Drafting pleadings and motions
- Appearing on behalf of and advocating for clients during depositions, mediations, meetings, hearings, and trials
- Applicants must have successfully passed the state bar exam
- Active member of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Completion of a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Must be a member of the State Bar of Georgia
- It is important that the person that we hire already have significant experience, including at least 5 years’ experience handling all types of personal injury matters from intake through trial
- The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding
$85,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Council & Associates Personal Injury Attorneys
We are a boutique personal injury law firm currently located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. We pride ourselves in obtaining excellent results for our clients while practicing a healthy "work/life" balance.