Hahn Legal Group
JUNIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY NEEDED
We are seeking an experienced education and civil litigator to join our growing firm. We are entrepreneurial, focused on aggressive growth, and are looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. Ideal candidates have experience in education law and civil litigation including property law, construction, insurance, and personal injury.
Pay and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. We also pay for health insurance, continuing legal education, bar dues, and some voluntary bar memberships. Partial remote work is available.
- Meet statutory deadlines
- Overall execution of client cases
- Prepare clients for hearings and depositions
- Draft pleadings and appeals
- Meet and correspond with client
- Meet and correspond with schools, universities, and their counsel
- Advise client on legal options for litigation and/or settlement
- Draft and respond to discovery
- Draft and oppose motions
Represent clients in administrative and litigation hearings, including:
- Investigation Interviews
- Suspension and Expulsion Hearings
- Student Conduct Hearings
- Title IX Investigations
- Mandatory Settlement Conferences
- Sit second chair in Trials
- Trials as needed
- Assist other staff and perform general administrative office tasks as requested
In addition, you fit the following:
- Calm Under Pressure
- Active Listener with Good Communication Skills
- Warm, Empathetic, and Caring
- Team Player
- High Energy
- The Associate Attorney must have graduated from an ABA or California accredited law school and be admitted to the State Bar of California.
- The Junior Associate Attorney must not have any discipline record with any State Bar.
- The Associate Attorney should have 1-5 years of experience as an Education Lawyer and Civil Litigator, including administrative hearings and litigation in the courtroom; experience with drafting and responding to appeals, discovery, experience with case management software, legal pleading preparation software, and general office computer systems and software.
About Hahn Legal Group
What you should know about us before you apply; We are not your typical small law firm! Our founding and managing attorneys are entrepreneurs who are passionate about helping their clients keep what matters to them most – their rights to a safe and meaningful education of their choice.