We are looking for a part-time Junior Accountant to join our growing team for a 1-year maternity leave contract. If you're a data-driven, detail-oriented person who knows their way around Quickbooks read on!
In this role you'll prepare monthly bank reconciliations, financial statements and reports, as well as maintain the general ledgers. You'll be responsible for ensuring historical records are accurate by filing documents correctly, processing payroll and following up on overdue payments. The best part is you'll be doing all of this working with an amazing team!
- Ensure full-cycle Accounts Payable is processed accurately and on time including matching purchase orders, packing slips and invoices in computerized ledger system
- Post invoices and credit card transactions
- prepare wires/EFT and cheques for authorized vendor payments and employee expenses
- Work with vendors to resolve any payment issues including requesting proof of delivery and/or any other necessary documentation; maintain vendor records
- Accounts Receivable responsibilities including posting receipts, depositing cheques, preparing bank deposits and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Responsible for reconciling, adjusting and maintaining balance sheet accounts for monthly AR and AP
- Experience with Excel, QuickBooks, and basic accounting systems
- Exceptional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must possess exceptional communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Business Admin or related field
- 3 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- CPA or CMA considered an asset
- Solid understanding of wholesale business cycle and accounting style
- Experience working with manufacturing companies, inventory systems and in multiple currencies is an asset
- Highly skilled with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
$18 - $22 hourly
MICHI is a fashion-forward active lifestyle company established in NYC in 2010, now based out of Liberty Village in Toronto. MICHI blends elevated style and technical performance to create products of exceptional quality and ultimate versatility. MICHI explores the globe to source the most luxurious, durable, sustainable, and technical fabrics. They manufacture ethically while upholding impeccable standards.
MICHI is in business to build strong women. They believe in being a source of inspiration and motivation to energize, uplift, and empower women to achieve greatness and the highest, most authentic expression of themselves.