JUMPSTART, ADVANCE, AND LOVE YOUR CAREER WITH SMSI
At SMSI, we believe in our employees. With above-average pay, extensive benefits, vocational training, and a family-based atmosphere, we are always looking for people seeking to improve themselves. Together our team strives to perform the best service possible for customers. We thrive on challenges and believe in fair compensation for dedication, detail, and professionalism. Apply today to find out how you can become a part of our team.
Responsibilities include: Test electrical systems, document actions, repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components, wiring, or devices, and maintaining a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements.
Work with an established team of electricians, to complete a variety of customer-driven projects.
- Life Insurance
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray system
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems in a variety of industrial/commercial applications
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Complete all necessary coursework/training for maintaining/obtaining licensure
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Running conduit in sizes up to 4” with no instruction
- Diagnose control related issues in food production equipment, transformers, and motors
- Installation of VFD’s (mounting and programming), soft starts, transformers and motors, and panelboards
- Pulling wire, running conduit of all sizes
- Read blueprints, building services, and ladder diagrams
- Terminating motors/transformers
- Run threaders/big pipe benders and tuggers
- Qualifications will vary, dependent on the level of experience technician possesses
- The expected abilities of the technician increase as they gain experience
- SMSI utilizes the following breakdown of expectations/coordinating wage:
- Intermediate Journeyman/Journeywoman
$34 - $40 hourly
SMSI is dedicated to providing the highest quality mechanical services performed in an honest, dependable, and efficient manner. SMSI offers lots of room to grow in a fast-paced growing company. Serving commercial and industrial markets for 30 years.